With a long and well documented history, the collecting of art as a viable financial concern has become increasingly important to Australian investors.
The contemporary art market is a specialised area. Where to go and who to deal with; which artist to look out for; as well as the practical issues of how to frame or where to place a work and maintain it in good condition, are just some of the challenges of getting started.
Private View Art makes it easy and enjoyable for you to develop an art collection which provides years of pleasure, interest and potentially financial gain.
Private View Art offers individual attention and advice on all matters relating to acquiring and maintaining an important art collection.
The following services are available:
- advise on and source quality artworks by artists with sound exhibiting and collecting histories
- negotiate commissions of artworks
- catalogue and document your collection
- advise on framing, hanging & lighting systems
- advise on conservation requirements
- bid on your behalf at auctions
- research and documentation of all artists and artworks
- write policy for collecting artworks for superannuation self managed funds
Private View Art regularly works with architects, interior designers and consultants on the placement of paintings, drawings, prints and sculpture in public and private spaces. We arrange site visits to suggest potential placements and can arrange site-specific commissions when required. Private View Art understands it is not always possible to visit galleries during opening hours and with prior arrangement can bring artworks to your home or place of work to view.